Organic Helichrysum Oil (Italicum) is a natural medicinal flower that is used to make a beneficial essential oil that boasts many different fully body benefits due its ant-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This Organic Helichrysum Oil oils contains special properties that make it an antioxidant, an antibacterial, an anti fungal and anti-inflammatory. As such, it can be used in dozen of different ways to boost health.
Health Benefits Of Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Antispasmodic: A spasm is an unwanted, unbalanced, or excessive contraction in the body. It may occur in the respiratory tract, lungs, muscles, nerves or intestines and may result in severe coughs, breathlessness, cramps, convulsions and severe abdominal pains, respectively.
- Antiallergenic: This quality can also save your life in certain situations. Perhaps you are thinking that I am exaggerating things too far because allergies are limited to some rashes on the skin and stomach aches.
- Anti-hematic: The essential oil of Helichrysum helps clear the accumulation of blood or blood clots which result from a hemorrhage. This can be very helpful in clearing blood clots out of the brain after a brain hemorrhage.
- Anti-inflammatory: Apart from giving relief in inflammation resulting from fever, this oil also provides relief from inflammation due to other causes and generally soothes the body.
- Febrifuge: Fever is not a disease in itself; a fever is just a symptom which shows that the immune system of our body is fighting against infections or unwanted substances. This is why you will rarely see fever as a solitary symptom.
Cicatrisant: This property of Organic Helichrysum Oil makes your wounds and cuts heal quickly and scar marks disappear fast. It is equally effective on clearing up spots left on your skin by pox, boils, and other skin irregularities.
Expectorant: Organic Helichrysum Oil is also an expectorant. It provides warmth to the respiratory system, which loosens the deposition of phlegm there and does not allow new phlegm to be deposited.
Cholagogue: Organic Helichrysum Oil has cholagogue properties, which means that it promotes the discharge of bile into the stomach and helps to neutralize acids, thereby promoting digestion, curing acidity and reducing symptoms of acidosis.
Antimicrobial: Organic Helichrysum Oil inhibits microbial growth and protects the body against a long list of microbial infections.
Antiseptic: This oil does not allow your wounds to become septic. It can be safely applied on wounds, cuts, pricks, and any other open sores that could become infected.
Emollient: This property of Helichrysum Oil makes the skin smooth, soft and helps it retain moisture. It prevents dehydration and cracking of the skin.
How to Use
You should always consult an aromatherapist before using essential oils, including helichrysum oil. Essential oils are very strong, so they should not be used without proper consultation with medical professionals.
A Final Word of Warning
The compotent mix of chemicals and active ingredients in helichrysum oil can be dangerous for pregnant women, as it has been known in some situations to cause miscarriages. Furthermore, a few varieties of helichrysum oil can be toxic when consumed. Despite the versatility of this particular essential oil, it is important to never consume essential oils internally. Inhalitation in the form of aromatherapy is safe in certain situations, but it is always better to speak with an herbalist or an aromatherapist before embarking on this sort of alternative treatment. Also, due to high concentration of chemicals in these oils, undiluted oils can bet very powerful and dangerous when your skin is directly exposed to it.